This site is an attempt by an average American citizen to cause change in the country he loves. I was born and raised in the USA and I am proud to say that I am American. The thing, for the first time in my life I have had the experience of being embarressed at the actions of my country and our leadership.
I travel the world a lot and have interacted with many different cultures and I know for a fact that the USA is STILL a great nation, in spite of all our current problems. HOWEVER, this is not a guarantee...
the current course our nation is heading in IS definitely leading our great country down many dangerous paths. We the people need to take hold of our country right now and cause drastic changes in order to steer us back on the path of greatness. We are a world leaders yet we have grown arrogant. Many of our leaders are nearsighted in their decision making and out of touch with the common person.
Here is my proposal. Let's join together and take back our nation according to the principles that we see need to be instated and cause change according to OUR will. We the people need to speak and we can make our voice heard. BUT it will only be heard if we stand in solidarity.
Therefore, we must make plans of ACTION. If we don't take action then everything is just empty words. We can complain all day on yahoo comments or on facebook of the direction of our nation, but until we actually take a stand and organize a plan of action with other groups then we are just blowing hot air and the country will never benefit from our good hearted desires.
I am calling all patriots, all true blooded Americans citizens to create plans of action..not just aimless plans but educated, well thought out plans of what they will do to make their voice heard.
For example, a plan of action for someone who was concerned with immigration reform and had a particular viewpoint could do this...
1) Create/submit an article to our "News and Legislation" section concerning an issue that you find particularly important.
2) Create a poll using our websites polling system and put the poll link in your article. Then make as many of your friends, family, and acquaintances aware of your article and poll to see how much support their is for your viewpoint/stance on you topic of interest.
3) Once you have polling proof that your news/legislation/topic is of interest to many others, who have responded to your poll or commented on your article, then you are ready to help them rally around a common "Plan of Action." A plan of action is a proposition stating how this group of like-minded people can join forces together and make REAL change in America and make the LEADERSHIP hear your unified voice.
4) Plans of action could include:
-As a group, boycotting certain products.
-Peaceful demonstration at key locations.
-Buying certain prodcuts or services as a group to show support for local businesses.
-Organizing community awareness rallies and town hall meetings.
-Bringing awareness to grassroots leaders who could run for political office without needing the millions of dollars that are now required to run.
These are just a few ideas to get you started brainstorming on how to make a plan of action. Once you have brought awareness to a key topic/news/legislation and have polling that backs up some of your viewpoints, then you can begin to promote craft your plan of action and put it into motion.
5) Finally, you can organize this plan of action by creating a group where everyone can stay on the same page in order to complete their plan of action.
Let's get started. We CAN bring change to America, but it must start with us..WE THE PEOPLE, grassroots movements must rise up if we hope to salvage our great country!